Find Healing for Your Family
Resilience Therapy exists within our community to support children, and youth through mental health difficulties and develop resilience in their lives. We come alongside families with compassion as they face life struggles, to help the child process emotions, develop coping skills, increase connectedness, and experience growth. We are passionate about helping parents feel equipped to support their children in the challenges they are facing. At Resilience Therapy, our clients know they are not alone in what they are going through and have a safe place to begin their healing journey.
We provide individual therapy services for children and teens. We also support families together through family therapy services. We help children, youth, and families struggling with many issues including grief, trauma, anxiety, depression, anger, self-esteem, relationship, and behavioral challenges. We provide parenting support services to help parents navigate challenging times. We believe that parenting takes a village.
We often tell our family and friends that seeking out therapy shows inner strength, not weakness. We were never meant to do life alone. Together we are stronger and healthier individuals. We all need people to link arms with us during hardships. Accessing the resources in our community, such as child and family therapy services, is a courageous act because that means you are willing to face difficulties and work towards your family’s emotional wellness. We are here to help and there is hope!
What to Expect At Resilience Therapy
- Individual Therapy for Children and Teens Age 5-18
- Family Therapy
- Parenting Support And Resources
- Custom Treatment Plan
- Collaboration with the Child’s School and other Health Providers
- Connection to Helpful Resources in Tucson
- First session, 60-90 minutes, child and parent together.
- We will get to know one another, discuss your child’s history, strengths, and current concerns.
- Collaborate on a plan for goals your child and family would like to work toward in therapy.
Ongoing Individual or Family Therapy Sessions:
- 50-minute sessions at intervals throughout the month that we agree on based on treatment needs, for example, 4x a month or 2x a month.
- We enjoy tailoring sessions to each unique child’s preferences and needs.
- We put effort into engaging each child through games, art, movement, mindfulness, and relationship-building techniques.
- We love getting to know what your child is interested in and being able to bring that into sessions to keep them excited and connected. Therapy does not have to be boring, kids like to have fun!
- We find it meaningful to partner with parents to help their children accomplish their therapeutic goals and we are happy to offer feedback and helpful strategies to assist you in supporting your child in their healing journey.
Please reach out about therapy for your child. We are here to help.
Resilience Therapy is conveniently located in the heart of Tucson.
- One Time Session
- 60 – 90 minutes
One-on-one ongoing therapy
- Per Session
- 50 minutes
- Per Session
- 50 minutes
Resilience Therapy services are direct pay. Payments are accepted in the following forms: HSA/FSA card, cash, check, and credit card. I am happy to provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance for possible Out of Network benefits. A limited number of reduced fees are available for qualifying families; if in need, please request by phone.
Telehealth appointments are available. Insurance is not currently accepted.
“Susie really connects with the kids on a level they can relate to; she talks with them, not at them and they respond. Her compassion is hard to miss and her clients are genuinely happy to see her at their sessions. She is professional, knowledgeable, dependable, and not above sitting on the floor to engage with the kids! She is the type of Therapist everyone should have!”
– Kathy R.
“Susie is compassionate and insightful. Her responses to people in her care are thoughtful and wise. She helped my daughter process some difficult circumstances and pointed her to helpful resources. She has also helped me understand loss and attachment by listening to my experiences and emotions and then sharing clinical, emotional, and circumstantial insights into my situations. I highly recommend her as a therapist.”
– Angel H.
“There are few people I would trust with my kids on the level I trust Susie. Along with her years of education and training, she has an absolute gift for working with and understanding children. When she speaks to children they feel seen, heard, and valued. She shows them the same level of importance and respect that she shows adults, which is rare. I truly wish more practitioners were as good at their job as Susie is at hers.”
– Angela D.
“Susie shows such kindness and compassion to children. She has great approaches and helpful techniques for dealing with trauma. Her expertise in her field makes her a one-of-a-kind therapist! So glad she is here in Tucson.”
– Melissa B.
“Susie is always the first person I recommend for therapy for children and families. This is especially true when trauma-informed therapy is indicated. She is skilled, experienced, empathetic, and dedicated.”
– Linda H.
“My kids both love Susie. It is the highlight of their day when they get to see her! She relates to kids so easily and has great knowledge to share with parents. I highly recommend her!”
– Kayla M.
“Susie has a passion for helping young children heal from the trauma that has touched their life. I highly recommend Susie. She has had several years of experience working as a therapist. I believe Susie is very compassionate and will help equip parents on how to help their children heal.”
– Amber H.